Never classy but always good for a laugh are cheesy chat-up lines. The best of the worst we've heard recently (maybe we're going to all the wrong places!) are:
- Take an ice cube, smash it on the bar and say "Now we've broken the ice, how about a chat."
- "Do you believe in love at first sight? Or should I walk by again?"
- "I'm sorry but I suffer from amnesia. Do I come here often?"
- "If I could rearrange the alphabet, I'd put U and I together"
- "I can't remember my phone number – can I have yours instead?"
- "Do your legs ache? They've been running through my mind all night"
- "Do you have a name or can I call you "mine"?
- If you're a guy going to a fancy dress party, wear a set of jump leads round your neck. When a girl asks you what they're for, say to her:- "I was hoping we could start something"
- Sorry, we give up. It was getting too painful...!!